My Photo
Name:
Location: Queensland, Australia

Saturday, June 24, 2006

bono and adam do a harry and ron

(from 'bono on bono' p 121/2)

describing a concert in arizona in the late eighties, after they received some death threats because they campaigned for martin luther king day.

There was a specific threat: "Don't go ahead with the concert. And, if you do, don't sing 'Pride (In the Name of Love)', because, if you do, I am gonna blow your head off, and you won't be able to stop this from happening."

Of course you go onstage and you put it out of your head. But I do remember actually , in the middle of "Pride", thinking, for a second: 'Gosh! What if somebody was organized, or in the rafters of the building, or somebody, here and there, just had a handgun?"

I just closed my eyes and I sang this middle verse, with my eyes closed, trying to concentrate and forget about this ugliness and just keep close the beauty that's suggested in the song.

I looked up, at the end of that verse and Adam was standing in front of me.


also a bit department of mysteries with them closing in around ginny.

:) hey i can make any comparisons i want to. it's my blog.

jo

5 Comments:

Blogger Merlin said...

I liked the comparison, but you know me, I'm known for dreaming up HP - U2 connections myself :)
Great Story though - Bono is a bit more of a Harry type and Adam definitely soemtimes has the clueless boorish air of a Ron, I mean that in a good way.

As per discussions over on MM recently, I think that is one place the HP movies have veen great in the casting department, the Weasely Family - Ron, Fred and George are really spot on (loved whichever one it was of the twins in the film asking Angelina to the ball) - Ginny too but then we haven't seen as much of that in the movies yet becuase her personality comes out more in books 5 and 6.

2:38 am  
Blogger Merlin said...

In fact, I would have to say I think Gint, for how much I heard some people saying "hmmmmm .. all right but not great" at one point - I think he has progressed the furthest of all the actors ... he seems really to have nailed that "lovable prat" quality you get in Ron in book 6

2:43 am  
Blogger Merlin said...

Other Weasely faves include ... Movie 2, Arthur Weaseley to Harry, "what is the purpose of a rubber duck?"

2:45 am  
Blogger jkr2 said...

i adore rupert grint. he's fantastic. there's a real natural quality to his acting.

i was so upset though re watching poa after reading the books as 'a believer' (lol) that they gave ron's highest moment -which i allude to in the adam/bono thing - to hermione!

adam is actually a bit of an epicure. and according to the bono on bono book he's really found his way spiritually now.

love to have you back here atm merlin.

jo

7:43 am  
Blogger jkr2 said...

oh and re ginny,
it will be interesting how she handles the character development.

i think they cast her with a view to gasping and gaping and elbows in butter dishes etc.

the more feisty 'real' ginny has the potential to be a nicely 3 dimensional character on screen.
have to say i'm not holding my breath, but hopefully she will rise to it.

i am a great fan of book arthur weasley. i have a real soft spot for him.

the twins are great in the films, though they are different physically from their descriptions of shorter and stockier.

i wish that charlie and bill had been cast before now. doesn't look like they'll be making an appearance. :( . that's sad for hbp particularly.

bill is the other weasley who is present at most of the big moments for harry from gof onwards, which makes it more poignant somehow, when he is attacked by fenrir.

2:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home