My Photo
Name:
Location: Queensland, Australia

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

thoughts on grace

enjoying some reading i found following a trail from travis at sword of gryffindor

http://www.internetmonk.com/archive/jesussalvation

excertp
At the same time, I do not want a “salvation is a transaction” or “salvation is a mathmatical calculation” approach. ...............
I believe that anyone who has clearly seen the glory of the Biblical Gospel has avoided “mathmatical” descriptions as insufficient. Discussions of God “choosing a number of the elect” do not interest me because my own encounter with Jesus NEVER EVER leads me in that direction. The “math” of the Gospels is the math of God leaving the 99 and going after the one. It is a hundred fruit from one seed. It is a mass of humanity that no man could count. It is feeding all of the five thousand and all of the four thousand. It is not “the blood of Jesus covers this many” or any other limiting, quantitative description of the grace of God.


and then here

http://www.internetmonk.com/articles/G/grace.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home