My Photo
Name:
Location: Queensland, Australia

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

YIKES i've been tagged! - books

1. One book that changed your life:
"Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl ( i think i have spelt that correctly)

2. One book that you've read more than once:
ummmm everything i've owned?
ok..
have to be from the Harry Potter series, I think.
"HP and the Half Blood Prince"

3. One book you'd want on a desert island:
am i allowed to say The Bible? or is that cheating?

4. One book that made you laugh:
"Hitchhiker's Guide to the Gallery"

5. One book that made you cry:
"To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee

6. One book that you wish had been written:
"World Peace for Idiots"

7. One book you wish had never been written:
"On Becoming Babywise" by Gary and Marie Ezzo - please no hate mail.

8. One book you're currently reading:
just finished (again)
"Bono on Bono" Conversations with Michka Assayas

about to start
"My Sister's Keeper" for book club. am dreading it actually.

9. One book you've been meaning to read:
all the things on my list from merlin - i'll pick ....
"The Great Divorce" by C.S. Lewis

10. Now I'm supposed to "tag" 4 people.
- i don't think 4 people even read this blog... Merlin's had his go, so

* Sumara
*My Boaz's Ruth
*Narelle
*Katef

make sure to leave a comment if you get the tag so i can go sticky at what you say!

jo

7 Comments:

Blogger Merlin said...

For the Record: I did ont look at your list before putting Hitchhikers guide down :) great minds think alike I guess :)

I'm not a parent ... but from what I do know and have talked with friends and family who are ... ditto on the Ezzo book ... and have heard (from the same group I just mentioned) that following it at least can contribute to "failure to thrive" syndrome.

4:52 am  
Blogger jkr2 said...

:) merlin.
so *snap*

mentioning ezzo tends to bring out strong feelings on each side of the great divide.

i wasn't inciting anything, but yes, it is a book i wish had never been written.
because then i wouldn't have used it in my early days of mothering....

i'll go have a look at the rest of your list, oh merlinus.

7:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh that's exciting. Will go off now.

8:14 am  
Blogger jkr2 said...

hey tulipgirl, how'd you find me?

i'm mrsramjet on gcm

9:04 am  
Blogger Sumara said...

Ok Jobee I've done it. It was agony trying to think of all the answers! My memory just doesn't function too well!

11:12 am  
Blogger jkr2 said...

hey sumara. that was me obviously.

i'd shown my sister how to sign in. and then forgotten to sign out.

i am just very brilliant on the computer.

12:37 am  
Blogger Sumara said...

Hi, Jo's sister. I can call you Jobee too if you like it so much! *snorts with laughter*

Affectionate hugs back at ya Jobee-girl!

6:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home