My Photo
Name:
Location: Queensland, Australia

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

cluck cluck

.. goes the red hen.

ok. i'm reading this site. and yes it's interesting.

thought i'd check out the essay on hermione...

http://www.redhen-publications.com/Deconstructing.html

a few thoughts:

As for the pursuit of knowledge for its own sake: fish fuzz. She came onto the field determined to excel in order to be SEEN to excel. And by this time she knows damn well that in the wizarding world knowledge is quite literally power. And there is a war in progress! And she belongs to one of the targetted groups. She intends to have the best stocked arsenal in Britain. Knowledge for its own sake, my arse.
but this misses the point that someone who is knowledge oriented (ie. the 5 on the enneagram) would use this search for more info *as* their way of insulating them from danger. so their search for knowledge for it's own sake can also be used for other ulterior motives. this doesn't take away from it being a primary function of the personality.

Not exactly my deffinition of maturity. The kid is is not mature. She is articulate.
SPOT ON!



Ron was upset that Harry had somehow managed to get his name into the Goblet without him. Harry had gone and done it by himself, and then was shutting him out even more by not even having the decency to tell him about it. There was some jealousy present, sure. But he wasn't just jealous. Ron is used to being outshone, he doesn't mind it too much so long as you include him. But now he's been shut out, and rejected as well, and it hurts.

So he whips himself up into a temper because a 14-year-old boy just can't publicly burst into tears because his best friend has gone off and left him behind like he doesn't even matter!


really good observation.

bbl.

jo

4 Comments:

Blogger jkr2 said...

ok. so RH doesn't like molly. *yawn*.

11:42 am  
Blogger jkr2 said...

ok. at least RH is open here

In my own defense, I must point out that I was forced to have to grow up in a variation of her household. That was not a particularly enjoyable experience, either. My own mother was very much in the same style, and Molly's behavior dredges up some rather nasty memories. This is bound to color any interpretation I may put on Molly Weasley’s behavior.

11:56 am  
Blogger jkr2 said...

can't find anything on ron specifically. this i would be interested to read considering the context of the other stuff on the weasleys.

12:04 pm  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

I like Molly. (She's probably my favorite figure in Harry Potter because I see a lot of myself in her. though I doubt I'll have seven children, it's not for lack of wanting to, just age.)
But I still enjoy Red Hen. His observations are so deep. He really goes into things systematically. I just wish he had comments on his site! :)

2:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home