My Photo
Name:
Location: Queensland, Australia

Saturday, January 28, 2006

time wasters

well i've had a half hour while the kids are playing and gone to the silly ol' tests mentioned on sword of gryffindor ( http://www.swordofgryffindor.com/ ).
quite fun really.

so apparantly i would have

*WAND - 10 1/4", Yew, Veela
You scored 68 wisdom, 22 bravery, 10 emotional, and 11 martyrdom!
A yew wand signifies a wizard of great wisdom and intellect and is very useful in transfigurations. The veela hair as a wand core means that you are slightly unpredictable but very powerful.

think i must be bit of a wuss. unpredictable (no surprise there really i suppose, but i though my emotion would rate higher!!!!!)

* You scored higher than 84% on spells


*The Harry Potter Obsessed Test
You scored 72% knowledge and 52% obsession!

You are neither obsessed nor oblivious about the magical world, but your knowledge is obviously higher than average. You have a healthy interest in all things Potter, but it's nothing to worry about. Your keen intellect and natural curiosity make you a force to be reckoned with.
You can't be expected to pay attention in Binns' class every lesson when you have Quidditch matches and girls on your mind! Just be forewarned - Hermione won't always be able to finish your essays for you. She has enough going through that frizzy head of hers!

fun way to waste some time.

now back to the laundry..............................

4 Comments:

Blogger Merlin said...

Only 1 thing I saw a prob with on your test, Jo ... a wand made of yew wood. You know who's wand is made of yew, and according to JKR1's site the wood is important because Harry's is made of Holly (from the word for Holy - the wood symbolic, in Christianity, for Christmas and the Incarnation) and Voldy's wood is symbolic because of it's ability for being supple and long lasting beyond natural capacities, and also because yew sap is poisonous ... but I think they may (in the test) be strictly going by the standard Celtic assigning of wood according to B-day, I know she said the wood of Harry's and Voldy's wand diverged from the wood system in some way (Come to think of it I am almost positive that the wood system is based on birth-month, because she says that Ron and Hermione's wands stick to the standards of their birth month)

But now I have to take the test myself ... I'm afraid of what wood Olivander will asign to me - probably, "um, Blast Ended Skrewts are not allowed to weild wands sir ... sorry - SKREWT!" LOL

7:23 am  
Blogger jkr2 said...

well mine obviously isn't an ollivander wand anyway with VEELA HAIR in it!!!!!

8:58 am  
Blogger Merlin said...

Er, Um ... yeah, forgot ollie doesn't like using veela hair.

and Iw as pleased too on getting pheonix feather, but then I remembered "wait, Voldy has that too" ... I guess it's that old addage, "the higher the leap the harder the ground"

And as far as your emotional score, I think these tests are not usually on on eveything, I myself had the question on "would you weep when one of the character dies" - and my thought was "I'm not the weeping sort, I'm more of a stoic, but that doesn't mean I feel it any less powerfully when a personal tragedy happens" ... I think one of the short comings of such quizes is that it can't ascertain the amazing level to which you love your children.

3:38 pm  
Blogger jkr2 said...

yes, i am more likely to hold in tears than shed them ( except when in an irl argument - SO FRUSTRATING! there go all my *points* for being logical! )

of course these tests are just fluff! (probably wouldn't say that if it came out just how i wanted hehe)

12:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home